This week's presenting with a new challenge apart from reading and deleting the almost 3000 work emails in Outlook. This Thursday all Nike Iberia (Spain and Portugal) employees and managers are gathering at this spa hotel in Tarragona, to celebrate 20 YEARS Nike Spain. We're going to spend there one night and the dress code of the evening dinner party is the 70's.

Therefore, an amazing fever has started in the office, and if you come by, you could see almost every colleague google-ing 70's fashion instead of working and everyone asking around what the others would wear. The best 3 looks will be rewarded with a special prize.

As I came back to work yesterday basically, I do not have much time to prepare, but I already have my look in the head. Bad thing is I have just 2 days.


 The 70's in fashion can be described before all with the ''Flair'', ''Sailor bell bottom'' or also called in bg ''Charlestone'' trousers or jeans.

After they had a comeback last year (a thing that not everyone knows and probably will think I'm crazy when I go out with my charlstone on the street), they've shown on high fashion figures as Rachel Zoe (best us red carpet stylist), Victoria Beckam and Madonna. Seems though that the fact hasn't reached the usual fashion victim yet, and Charlstone is not so populer through the majority of women who follows the trends.
Good for me! Cause I'm dieing to find a pair desperately!












Another important piece from the 70's is the headband. Long hair - straight, or curly nomatter. Thin or wider, coloured of just black - the headband was used as you all know by men and women, and I can say that I've always had it in my look during the years as an eternal accessory and an evregreen hairstyle. ( Last year's Sonar Sven Vath party for example ).

Platform shoes, also came out in the 70's and it's obvious they have a strong come back now. Jeans were still pretty high wasted and in the late 70's popped up all the super vivid and lucent colour combinations like yellow. pink, red, orange, blue etc. Check yourself.







Eyewear was an important part of the total look still back then, and the 'so trendy' big glasses which we wear right now, came out in the 70's as an amazing fashion accessory.

                     From the round Lenon glasses (also called Jonki in Bulgaria, I had ones in the 90's),



                                                        to the classic aviator sunglasses,




                                                              to the XXL round or oval shapes.





My task now is to find my dreamed jeans, and my look will be classic 70's, with a headband and hair falling down, some top, big round glasses and platform shoes (hopefully). If not - the poudel skirt or some typical dress which I'm sure I'll find in the wardrobe will do.
 
Check some more of my fave looks from thw 70's below:
 
 







Copyright 2010 Day&Night
Lunax Free Premium Blogger™ template by Introblogger